The Korea Institute meets its mission by
- Extending and enhancing the teaching of the Korean language and a wide range of Korean-related subjects
- Promoting original research and intellectual dialogue between Australia and Korea
- Establishing a high-level annual policy forum held alternately in Australia and Korea
- Providing fellowships for researchers and graduate students
- Encouraging closer cooperation between Korean and Australian universities as well as with universities in the World
- Consortium of Korean Research Institutes
- Promoting active participation by government, business and the public in the Institute’s activities.
The Transnational Humanities in Korean Studies (THKS) project, funded by the Academy of Korean Studies (AKS), aims to enhance and transform humanities research and teaching in the field of Korean Studies through theme-based and transnational approaches.
There are currently no upcoming events.